|Postman Pat Has the Best Village|
|Air Date|| 8th May 1997 (UK)|
29th August 1997 (Australia)
|Previous||Postman Pat Follows a Trail|
|Next||Postman Pat Paints the Ceiling|
Postman Pat has the Best Village is the sixth episode of the second series which was broadcast on the 8th May 1997. This episode was written by John Cunliffe.
The villagers prepare to enter a best village competition. Will Greendale win first prize - and where has Ted's lorry got to?
- Sara Clifton
- Mrs. Goggins
- Ted Glen
- Dorothy Thompson
- Reverend Timms
- Mrs. Pottage
- Katy and Tom Pottage
- P.C. Selby
- Doctor Gilbertson
- Mr. Pringle
- Miss Hubbard
- Sam Waldron
- Peter Fogg
- Major Forbes
- The Radio Greendale Speaker (unseen)
- John the Weatherman (unseen)
- Alf Thompson (does not speak)
- Caroline (mentioned)
- The Judges (mentioned)
- Pat's House
- Post Office
- Greendale Farm
- Ted Glen's Workshop
- The Surgery
- Thompson Ground
- The Vicarage
- Greendale Radio Station (unseen)
- Garner Bridge (mentioned)
- Pencaster (mentioned)
- Pencaster Station (mentioned)
- Scotland (mentioned)
- Ken Barrie as Pat, Ted Glen, the Rev. Timms, P.C. Selby, Mr. Pringle, Sam Waldron, Peter Fogg, Major Forbes, the Radio Greendale Speaker, John the Weatherman and the Main Narrator
- Carole Boyd as Sara Clifton, Mrs. Goggins, Dorothy Thompson, Mrs. Pottage, Katy and Tom Pottage, Doctor Gilbertson and Miss Hubbard
- Mrs. Pottage some how manages to get back to Greendale Farm instantly.
- Mr. Pringle and Peter Fogg should know they can not move Ted's lorry without his keys.
- If Ted had asked Pat to look after the lorry he should have left him the keys or even a spare set so then someone could have got Pat to come and move it or left the lorry at Pat's house rather than in the middle of the village.
- Peter Fogg should have known where Ted was, as Ted mentions he had Peter lined up to give him a lift to Pencaster Station.